Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Hives

Last Friday we had our first experience with hives. Brekker ate some cereal for breakfast and the had some fresh blueberries- which he eats all the time. And then he had some Mango gummy candy that Grampa B brought back from Japan. Shortly after the blueberries and candy, I started to notice a little red bump by his right ear that I thought was a misquito bite. He then got another one by his eye and the one by his ear doubled in size is less than a couple minutes. I asked my mother in-law if they could be hives and she said probably. I put some hydrocortizone cream on them and they went away. I then laid him down for his morning nap and when I went to get him, he looked like this.......

They were all over his body!!! I felt so bad for the little guy. I am so glad that my inlaws were there because my mom was in St. George and Matt was working. I probably- no there is no probably about it- I would have freaked out! I gave him some benadryl and they went right away. He ended up having them for over a week and we finally had ours first hive free day yesterday. We are still not for sure what cause the reaction. I am leaning toward the japan candy-who really know what was in it :)

1 comment:

RoseAnna said...

Poor baby boy...that looks like it hurts bad!